The End

This blog was once known as accidentallykle, and is now closed. The story continues over on The Pretty Walrus on Wordpress.

Thank you for reading.

Hold That Baby

I couldn't not post this.

From New Mamas Get Nothing Done (and other untruths)



"...As much as you need and want a break now... no mother has ever looked back on this time and thought, “I wish I had held my baby less.” You will not remember the dishes that didn't get done, the vacuuming that you just couldn't make happen, or the dirty clothes you wore more often than you’d like to admit. You will remember the first smile, the first belly laugh, the first words, the first steps. You will remember the way you looked at your baby, and the way your baby looked at you.

So the next time you find yourself wondering how another day is gone and nothing is done, stop. Hold your baby - feel the way that tiny body strains to contain this giant soul - complete, and full of potential all at the same time."

I wish so many people would stop telling me (and other new mothers) to hold my baby less. You can spoil a toddler, you can't spoil a baby. A baby needs its mother, love, affection and touch. Please, baby carers, don't ever forget that. Hold that baby close to your heart.

[Loosely related article]

[image copyright P.Warrington]

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, pupa. (Btw, I love the fact that your own mum appears in this shot as well - so fitting) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you would think it comes naturally, holding a baby, especially if they are crying or fussing, or just looking cute and cuddly. unfortunately its drummed into our already confused heads, don't hold the baby, you'll spoil it blah blah blah. We really need to follow our instincts (which, on the whole, are really good) and keep our babies close. I did with both mine. yes my house was filthy. but we survived:)

    ReplyDelete