Every now and again, Emily and I have a picnic, just the two of us. Last week we had a picnic in our garden at home, it was lovely. We had far more toys to play with than when we go to a park and Emily played away, covering everything in remnants of the biscuit she was nibbling on, and generally had a blast.
The other day my sister sent me a link to an article called 60 Ways To Make Life Simple Again. Having picnics with Emily feels like one of those simple pleasures and therefore reminded me of that link, which made me go back and read it again.
Here are a few of my favourite suggestions, but do have a read of them all. It's worth the click :)
1. Don’t try to read other people’s minds. Don’t make other people try to read yours. Communicate.
7. Get off your high horse, talk it out, shake hands or hug, and move on.
8. Don’t waste your time on jealously. The only person you’re competing against is yourself.
11. Get rid of stuff you don’t use.
14. Don’t try to please everyone. Just do what you know is right.
15. Don’t drink alcohol or consume recreational drugs when you’re mad or sad. Take a jog instead.
21. Don’t steal.
32. Stay out of other people’s drama. And don’t needlessly create your own.
35. Smile often, even to complete strangers.
36. If you hate doing it, stop it.
47. Don’t eat when you’re bored. Eat when you’re hungry.
54. Take it slow and add up all your small victories.
Note: Emily's amber teething necklace is from DinoDaisy!