The End

This blog was once known as accidentallykle, and is now closed. The story continues over on The Pretty Walrus on Wordpress.

Thank you for reading.

Off to School


Today is THE day. We spent a few hours in Emily's classroom last week, but today she flies solo. I'm not sure who's going to deal with it worse - me or her. I keep thinking back to that tiny baby I held in my arms split seconds after she was born. How did we get here already? 

We treated her over the weekend, especially for the occasion. We gifted her the Happyland Sunflower PreSchool. She was absolutely thrilled and hasn't stopped playing with it, or thanking us. 



I love watching her play with her "people."

Apologies for the disjointed post. There are just so many emotions flying around at the moment, I can't quite seem to put anything decent together on this topic. 



Slipping through my fingers all the time
I try to capture every minute
The feeling in it
Slipping through my fingers all the time


Do I really see what's in her mind
Each time I think I'm close to knowing
She keeps on growing
Slipping through my fingers all the time


Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture

And save it from the funny tricks of time
Slipping through my fingers
Slipping through my fingers all the time


[Abba]

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea re. the school pressie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you have to post that song?! I WEEP every time I hear it (or even read the words). I remember all too well those feelings...I still feel them every single year when M goes back to school. All I can tell you is that it gets better. And that she's going to love it. And everyone is going to love her. And Adam is going to have his mummy all to himself for a few hours everyday. You're all going to be just fine. x PS - I love your present too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a love hate relationship with this song, so you have me in tears now!! Hope to see you soon ;)

    ReplyDelete