The End

This blog was once known as accidentallykle, and is now closed. The story continues over on The Pretty Walrus on Wordpress.

Thank you for reading.

A Little Girl Turned Two Last Week

My little girl turned two last week, and I wasn't about to let it go by uncelebrated just because we'd just moved. Before Christmas, I began planning a party for her, signing up friends she'd never actually met, but whose pictures we saw regularly on Facebook - old friends of mine, and some new, who have children of similar ages. It was a slightly awkward task to begin with but once I realised no one thought me strange for simply asking that my daughter have a few friends to play with at her birthday party, it became much easier and even exciting.

The result was fantastic. Everyone seemed to get along and all the little ones enjoyed the party. I dare say all the big ones did too. Emily, most importantly, had a smile plastered across her face all afternoon and enjoyed playing with her new friends and the six thousand balloons I made David blow up for them to play with.








(I made up a goody bag for her too, anticipating a meltdown, and she was thrilled.)

I cannot thank my Dad enough for all the fantastic photos. 

Emily is still singing Happy Birthday to anyone who will listen long enough and thinks it's her birthday every day. As for the Terrible Twos that everyone promised, I can't deny it - I knew it was creeping up on us but over her birthday, give or take two or three days, it was like someone flicked a switch and taught her the power of the word "NO!" The good moments are even better than ever, but the bad.... Let's just say that old nursery rhyme now suits her perfectly... 

There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good,
She was very, very good,
But when she was bad, she was horrid.

Thankfully, the good moments still by far outweigh the bad, and the cuddles - although they now happen less often - are warmer and tighter and very obviously intentional and full of affection. I wouldn't change her for the world. 

1 comment: