The End

This blog was once known as accidentallykle, and is now closed. The story continues over on The Pretty Walrus on Wordpress.

Thank you for reading.

The Case of the Missing Keys

Despite the holidays, my mind is having a rough time getting back into work-mode. What with all the new things I've learnt at work (and I've very genuinely learnt them - got back from 10 days in Malta and hadn't forgotten a single thing!!! *proud*), I'm suffering with the little everyday things.

...............What did I walk into this room for?
....Why do I have this book in my hand?
.........What was I about to say?
.........................Where are my keys?


The answer to that last one, my dears, is MALTA! I forgot my UK house keys in Malta!

A few hours into the flight - we were already somewhere over France - I suddenly realised that I hadn't heard them jingling about in my bag recently. Cue mad search through the bag on the plane. Nothing. David tried too (while I sat there thinking 'I may be forgetting things but I'm not going blind too and if you dare find them in that bag, I'm going to lose it!' - He didn't)

Once we landed, I called home. Sure enough - they were hanging with the rest of the keys in my parents' house in Malta. Luckily, my sister is currently on holiday there and she'll be bringing them back for me for a hopeful handover at the weekend. Until then, I've claimed hubby's keys as my own which means I get to greet him at the door every evening :)

[img cred: eastbrookhomes]

7 comments:

  1. ha ha ha. How sweet!
    There now. I have actually commented again at last.
    So proud of you my lovely
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way. The most common is, "Where are my glasses?" and I always find them in the same place - wearing them already. What a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. xxxx
    oh by the way, cos I have been meaning to tell you for ages, we had watched the Oprah show with Nie nie. She is so brave bless her. WHat courage! What a lovely family!

    Love you

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! you were really lucky that your hubby had the spare keys on him otherwise you would have had to stay at a hotel or at your friends' place until you got the key back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, claire, that's hilarious! and I can totally realate. lately I seem to have no memory at all, and my husband can't get over it and keeps teasing me, half worriedly that I have no memory. I forget to tdo things I said I was going to do minutes before.

    P.s. sorry I haven't been around to visit the blog, I've been so busy lately! But, I will from now on visit more often.

    Btw, Happy Belated Birthday!! I'm so happy you spent it the way you wanted! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL you gave me a good laugh. Welcome to the world of forgetfulness!

    ReplyDelete